Saturday, June 4, 2011

Un-vegatizing

I haven't eaten meat (beef, pork, poultry, wild game) for 2 1/2 years...it started as a New Year's resolution type think and ended up as a meat made me physically sick thing.

The hubby has been after me for a while to break back into the meat market. I understand...as the main cook in the house, I usually only cook things I can eat (we eat a LOT of veggies and fish, and a LOT of take out food). I don't cook chicken, pot roast, meatloaf, etc. Paul just wants something for dinner that is home cooked and has meat...I get it.

So, for a while now, I've been tinkering with the idea of un-vegatizing. The problem is two-fold. One: It's hard to break a habit after close to 3 years. Two: Like I said...it's makes me really sick.

Last night, the un-vegatizing process began. The hubby called to ask what's for dinner. It had been a long week and I had no intention of cooking. I told him to bring home dinner. He asked what I wanted - I thought about it - I asked for a hamburger. After the shock, the hubby agreed to pick up dinner on the way home.

We didn't have anywhere else to go, so if I got sick it would be in the 'comfort' of my home. It took me the better part of an hour (we watched an episode of Leverage while I ate), but I got the whole burger down.

And there it was...the reason this is going to be really hard...I felt like my intestines were going to explode for about an hour and a half...and you know what???

It WASN'T worth it, the burger was not that good...not a even better than the veggie burgers I've been eating the last couple of years. Me = disappointed...

I ate half of a slider patty tonight...out. The ride home was painful, but after we got home and I settled in...I was ok.

Maybe this won't be as hard as I thought it would be...I hope, I hope, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers