Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tervis fever

Yep... I've caught it.  For anyone living under a rock, Tervis is the brand of tumbler in every store.  They have awesome little patches inside and are virtually indestructible.  And, if somehow you do manage to damage it, there's a lifetime guarantee.  You fill out a form, send it in with the damaged tumbler, and they send you a new one.  It's awesome.

I remember when I first saw these tumblers.  It was in Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I remember thinking, I'm not paying $20 for a plastic cup.  Then, I started seeing them everywhere...at work, shopping, at friends' houses.  Now, I'm all about jumping on the nearest bandwagon...but I still didn't see the usefulness in the Tervis...it's just a cup.

Then, my parents bought into it.  My parents are the least superfluous people I know.  They are not the type to buy something just because it's on the shelf.  This confused me, maybe there is something to this...

You never know until you try.  I pack up the hubby and head to Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  I pick a 24 ouncer with a cute pink-bowed skull.  The hubby picks some random Superbowl 24 ouncer (it was half price)...and it starts.

The Tervis actually did everything it said it did.  If you fill the cup with an iced drink...it's got minimal melting.  And if you fill it with coffee...it is warm to the last drop.  Since I spend a lot of my day in the car, this is awesome.  I can fill the cup with ice water in the morning, and (as long as I keep it out of the sun) the Tervis keeps it cool until I drink it all...it's amazing!!
Recently, the hubby noticed that my Tervis was fogging up.  I get on the website to find out if my precious tumbler was damaged.  It is, I have to fill out the form and send it in.  This was a bit of a problem, since I have to send my tumbler in...what will keep my drink cold while my Tervis is being replaced??
I start to look at the products on the website...probably not the best idea.  I buy the hubby and I new 24 ouncers...customized with our names and everything.  His has an emblem of Minnesota Wild...no way I would find that in a local store.  And now, I get e-mail updates with coupons every other week...I see this fever turning into a plague in the near future!!

They even have a cute little mascot... Phil-Up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers