Wednesday, April 14, 2010

missing work...


I think it says a lot for someone to say 'I hate to miss work' and mean it. For more than just having to make up work and change schedules, but because you really enjoy what you're doing. I love my job...I hate to miss work!
Unfortunately, one of the drawbacks of working with little ones is the probability of being sick. I'm sick...
At this particular point in my life today, I'm pretty stressed over school and the future and feverish, along with runny and sneezy thanks to my beautiful flowers outside. I'm also overwhelmed with the idea of Mother's Day and my parents' 25th anniversary being 2 weeks apart...dinner at my house for both. But a moment ago, I thought 'I wish I was at work'. Things are easier at work...I'm sidetracked by a beautiful little smile or laugh, or by dodging blows...but I can deal with both. I know my job and understand the importance behind what I do, which isn't always the same in everyday life. Especially when you have the time of an entire day home alone to think about it.
A year ago, I wasn't in this situation. I would fake sick in a skinny minute to get out of another painful day at work. I still enjoyed working with the kids (one of the hardest things I ever did was leave them for the current job), but I couldn't stand the adults...enough to actively avoid them. They were ignorant about surprising aspects of the job, and the administration was all about inventing new paperwork and ridiculous policies. I know that's in most jobs in my field, but it's great to know that the people you work for believe in you and never expect you to do anything that's not necessary...it makes you way more okay with doing tons of things that aren't necessary to help everyone else out. And it is ALL ABOUT the kids...which is what it should always be all about!
I'm really hoping I have a 24-hr fever and can get back to my beautiful little smiles tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers