Friday, August 20, 2010

trying to get the biggest kid ever to eat his greens

Well, its not as much getting him to eat them as getting him to like them. I guess one of the characteristics of a couple of people who grew up in such different places is that they grow up on different foods...but there have to be green veggies in Minnesota!!

Green veggies make up a huge part of my diet, and they're unbelievably good for you...the hubby likes beets...

He will eat salads, but only with iceburg lettuce...ONLY iceburg lettuce. The only green veggie that has NO health benefit at all, and I can't mix it with other forms of lettuce or other veggies.

I LOVE turnip greens...the hubby calls them 'vile'!!

I like spinach...the hubby will eat them when mixed with large amounts of fattening sour cream and salad dressing and placed on fried corn meal (spinach dip).

I like romaine lettuce...don't even think about it.

I LOVE brocolli...it has a shot if its covered in cheese.

I cooked lima beans yesterday, he ate them because I made them and put them on his plate...then proceeded to tell me how nasty they were...at least he ate them.

Ohhh...he likes english peas...I HATE english peas...but I cook them and eat them because I expect him to do the same.

He likes green beans...one down!

I'm gonna try some brussel sprouts...something's gotta give :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

PitaPata Dog tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers